In this video we discuss what dual disability is and what to know as a mental health enrolled nurse. We look into the relationship between intellectual disability, autistic spectrum disorder, and mental health as well as some possible barriers to access and the importance of effective communication, and why working with family and carers is important. At the end of this presentation, you will be provided with resources for further skill development on dual disability.
- 2023 VDDS Training Calendar
- MHPOD Dual Disability course (This is free self-directed learning)
- Resources offered on the CMHL website
- e-learning, Considering how mental disorders interact with intellectual or developmental disorders
- Useful links via St. Vicent's Victorian Dual Disability Service (VDDS)