Lived Experience Workforce Leadership & Collaboration Model
The vision of CMHL is to be the centrepiece for mental health learning in Victoria; leading and driving innovation that strengthens and sustains a flexible, curious, knowledgeable and recovery focused workforce. The CMHL recognises that to achieve this vision it must draw on the unique wisdom and expertise of the LEW.
The Lived Experience Workforce Leadership and Collaboration Model (the ‘Model’) establishes the principles, processes and platforms that enable the Consumer and Family/Carer Lived Experience Workforces (LEW) to inform and make a meaningful contribution to the work of the CMHL.
The Model Development Process
In April of 2020 the CMHL issued an open invitation for LEW to participate in a process to co design the model for CMHL LEW collaboration and leadership. Twenty-nine members of the LEW participated the process which included Zoom workshops, online surveys, video briefings and emails. Together they brought their collective wisdom, intelligence, creativity and resourcefulness to:
- Build a shared vision that captures their best hopes for the Model
- Create test and twist concepts (e.g. principles, platforms and processes)
- Agree on a smart place to start so that we can get runs on the board and build momentum
- Identify opportunities to attract more LEW into the process
- Introduce processes that enable everyone to learn as we go and to adapt the model over time.
Our Vision for LEW Leadership and Collaboration
The Principles That Underpin It All
Live Learn Lead Collective (LLLC) provides leadership:
Oversees planning & priority settings, pulse check & model learning, advocates for resources, troubleshoots, assesses emerging opportunities, sets scene for great communication and engagement.
Full poster can be found here
Click here to read the member bios