CMHL is committed to supporting the statewide mental health workforces to implement the findings of the Royal Commission. We have been funded by the Department of Health for a new statewide lived experience co-design position. The Lived Experience Co-Design Project Lead supports the Victorian state-funded mental health services to increase their knowledge, confidence, and understanding of co-design approaches in mental health services.
We are developing a suite of resources to support collective learning and avenues for collaborative learning around co-design. This co-design introduction information pack includes:
- Foundations of co-design - by CMHL
- Leading the Change: Co-producing safe, inclusive workplaces for consumer mental health workers
- Co-production: putting principles into practice in mental health contexts
- Equalising Power: reflective ideas & questions
- A role for lived experience mental health leadership in the age of Covid-19 - by Byrne & Wykes
- Authentic engagement: A conceptual model for welcoming diverse and challenging consumer and survivor views in mental health research, policy, and practice - by Daya, Hamilton & Roper
Our Co-design Team:
We are committed to using co-design principles and mindsets to lead by example and have created an internal co-design team that includes:
Deb, Lived Experience Co-Design Lead
Nina, Administration Officer
Beth, Leadership Development Coordinator
What are we working on?
The initial phase of this work is focussed on designing the role. We are guided by the sector to gain a greater understanding of the workforce's development needs. This includes:
Reviewing the information collected in our scoping to develop a suite of tools and resources to support co-design in action
Creating a resource hub on our website with resources to support co-design work
Developing education and training based on the identified needs of the workforce. These are available on our AMHS Training Calendar
Providing secondary consultations to services in relation to co-design and co-production.
If you would like further information about co-design and how we can support you, please contact us: email@example.com
We are working with the Department of Health Mental Health Division and the Human-Centred Design Hub, and TACSI to support this work.
Victorian Lived Experience Co-design Lead