DescriptionThe focus of this training is on engagement and identification of people using violence towards older people. This training aligns with the MARAM Responsibility for practice guides 'when working with adults using violence (family violence) Responsibility 1: Respectful, sensitive and safe engagement and Responsibility 2: Identification of family violence risk Training in relation to risk assessment and management in relation to the person using violence will be provided by Family Safety Victoria in the near future.
This event will cover:
- Describe the rationale for the effective and safe engagement of the person using violence in responding to elder abuse.
- Understand the key practice principle underpinning the engagement of the person using violence.
- Identify the distinctive demographics of the person using violence towards elder abuse, family violence risk factors associated
- Engage respectfully with a person who may be causing harm to an older person without collusion.
- Elizabeth George — The Bouverie Centre - La Trobe University
Families & carers,
Family Violence and Child Wellbeing and Safety,
Older persons mental health
Disciplines: Allied Health, Nursing, Other
Levels: Intermediate, Advanced
Lifespans: Adult, Older Persons
09:30 to 12:30 Add to calendar
Live Stream Online
Funded by the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing, as part of the integrated model of care (IMOC) for responding to suspected elder abuse.