DescriptionFor anyone interested in an overview of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy this 1-day workshop provides an introduction to the core principles of ACT and their relevant application in clinical practice. In order to maximise learning, participants will complete some pre-workshop reading and practice their learning on the day through some simple experiential exercises.
This session will combine didactic and experiential / active learning, and will be run via Zoom.
Participants will be sent a link to access the session 2 days prior.
This event will cover:
- An overview of the theory underlying ACT.
- An opportunity to learn and experiment with some ACT skills.
- A basis for potential extended training.
- Dr Lisa Soares (Clinical Psychologist) — RMH MH Services
- Dr Carl Zabel (Clinical Psychologist) — RMH MH Services
Capability 10 - Delivering compassionate care, support and treatment
Disciplines: Allied Health, Medical, Nursing