DescriptionLearn to counteract and manage vicarious trauma and burnout through practical strategies and practices.
Vicarious trauma and burnout are major risk factors for mental health workers. Being able to manage our own trigger responses to repeatedly witnessing the distress of others is essential.
Given the current environment, Mental Health Victoria is updating and migrating all of its classroom-based professional development programs to online delivery. This is so that you can still access training and professional development programs, just in an online environment. Our workshops will still run on the dates advertised, subject to learner interest; and our successful upgrading of the programs for online delivery. If we don’t think the course works well for learners online, yet, we won’t deliver the course, until it does! That’s our commitment to you.
Please register your interest in our workshops via the Register online button.
This event will cover:
- Definitions of stress, burnout, compassion fatigue and vicarious trauma.
- The role of empathy, compassion and boundaries in working with clients
- Strategies for managing burnout / compassion fatigue
- Understanding the autonomic nervous system
- Models of reflective practice.
- Lorelle Zemunik (Trainer) — MHV
Workplace wellbeing & practice support
Disciplines: Allied Health, Lived Experience Workforce, Nursing
09:30 to 16:30 Add to calendar
1 day / regular $230.00
2 day $320.00