DescriptionNOTE: This training in its current form has not involved people with lived experience in its development and delivery.
This course is for team leaders/managers to gain an understanding of their leadership style and behaviours, in order to effectively supervise others effectively. It takes participants through providing practical solutions to managing and leading people in a workplace.
• Understand the role and expectations of leaders
• Recognise your own leadership style and its effectiveness
• Implement clear and achievable objectives to achieve work goals
• Utilise effective communication strategies to lead constructive teams
• Deliver constructive feedback to enhance performance
• Understand the application of delegation
Roles and Responsibilities of Leaders
o What is leadership?
o Recognise traits of highly effective leaders
o Understand how to adapt your leadership style for each team member
Goal Setting and Planning
o Covey’s Time Management Matrix for prioritising
o SMART goal setting
o Implement practical team work plans
o Use project methodology to achieve long term tasks/projects
Giving and Receiving Feedback
o Creating a supportive work environment
o Guidelines for receiving and giving feedback
o Providing positive and constructive feedback
o What is delegation?
o Benefits of delegation
o Steps to delegating effectively
o Devising a work delegation plan
- Christina Katopis (Director) — Learn 4 Results
Workplace wellbeing & practice support
Disciplines: Allied Health, Lived Experience Workforce, Medical, Nursing, Other