DescriptionThis workshop will focus on the evidence-base for, and application of, psychological interventions following a first manic episode. It will explore the role of psychological processes in the onset and maintenance of mania and bipolar disorder, and will use an interactive format, allowing for participants to discuss clinical cases.
This event will cover:
- describe the role of psychosocial mechanisms in the onset and maintenance of bipolar disorder
- describe some of the challenges of, and opportunities for, early intervention following a first manic episode
- outline effective psychological interventions for mania and depression
- described the role of psychological processes in wellness planning
- Dr Craig MacNeil (Senior clinical psychologist) — Orygen clinical training team
- Lucas Coulson (Senior mental helath nurse) — Orygen clinical training team
Younger persons mental health
Disciplines: Allied Health, Lived Experience Workforce, Medical, Nursing
Levels: Introductory, Intermediate
09:30 to 16:30 Add to calendar
Clinicians in private practice, or who are not Victorian public mental health professionals will be charged $220.00 per day of training.