DescriptionThis one day workshop will focus on understanding behaviours of concern, building skills and developing strategies to effectively respond to behaviours of concern in mental health context.
This event will cover:
- Define and compare behaviours of concern and ongoing behaviour difficulties
- Understand the potential conditions which may cause behaviours of concern
- Identify early warning signs of behaviours of concern and its escalation
- Identify how workers personal behaviours and communication styles contribute to the expressions of behaviours of concern
- Discuss and develop approaches to diffuse behaviours of concern and what to do if the strategies don’t work
- Understand the importance of debriefing and self-care after dealing with a behaviour of concern.
- Lorelle Zemunik (MHV Trainer) — MHV
Assessment & intervention
Disciplines: Allied Health, Lived Experience Workforce, Medical, Nursing