DescriptionAre STRESS and ANXIETY the same thing?
This course is great if you:
- Want to hear new ideas about what anxiety is and where it comes from
- Are curious about whether anxiety is something we all experience
- Are a collector of strategies for living with anxiety (to support yourself or someone else)
We hear about anxiety a lot now – but can it mean different things? Come together to explore different ways of understanding anxiety and anxious feelings. We’ll share in the real stories of people with anxiety as well as those who have treated or cared for people going through anxiety. We’ll also look at some of the ideas about where anxiety comes from and how to handle it.
Enrolments close Wednesday 8 April 2021.
This event will cover:
- explore some of the definitions of anxiety, where it comes from and the impact it has
- look at the physical, behavioural & thinking experiences or symptoms of anxiety
- explore some of the beliefs around anxiety
- Lauren Van Krimpen (Recovery Educator / Learning Consultant) — discovery college
- Steve Halperin (Principal Clinical Psychologist) — headspace Early Psychosis
Recovery & supported decision making,
Therapeutic theory & practice,
Younger persons mental health
Disciplines: Allied Health, Lived Experience Workforce, Medical, Nursing, Other
Lifespans: Child, Adolescent, Youth, Adult, Older Persons