DescriptionThis 2-day online training will focus on providing mental health clinicians working with adults further practical tools for working with autistic adults. Please note this training does not focus on moderate to severe intellectual disability and associated behavioural interventions. Please contact Mindful for further information with regards to training options in this area.
This event will cover:
- Best practice tools and processes for screening and diagnostic assessment of autism in adults.
- Common co-occurring mental health and neurodevelopmental conditions in autistic adults.
- Adapting mental health interventions for autistic adults including prescription of psychiatric medication, supporting emotional
- Linking autistic adults with community supports.
- Lived experience perspective.
Assessment & intervention,
Younger persons mental health
Disciplines: Allied Health, Medical, Nursing
Lifespans: Youth, Adult, Older Persons
09:00 to 16:00 Add to calendar
09:00 to 16:30 Add to calendar
Subsidised rate of $220 available to Victorian CYMHS/CAMHS/AMHS: including Orygen, Headspace, ACCHO/ACCHS, Take Two clinicians, and
clinicians employed at Victorian publicly funded Adult Mental Health Services (including Forensicare).